Saturday, August 8, 2009

Harward Lake Powell Trip



Every summer the Harward family takes a week long trip to the beautiful Lake Powell. You have to be a true member of the family in order to go and so this was my first week long trip. Not only is it a blast to go boating there, but it is so gorgeous. Photos do not do this place justice, but I'll try to give you a taste of it.



David is a very serious wakeboarder. This isn't even a shot of one of his higher jumps this trip, but it was the most clear. He is so fun to go with because he isn't scared of trying new things. He is always the one who volunteers to do the daring/stupid tricks. The more extreme the better.



Here he is attempting a "fried chicken wrap" on the wake skate. Yes he made that name up. He started out by pulling himself up with the rope and then wrapping it around his torso. This was the end result...



And here I am getting crazy.



So here is a really attractive shot... I'm not sure what I was going for really, but I think it came out nicely.



Every year a different theme is chosen and one night out of the week we have a theme night. This year was a pirate theme and they gave everyone names. I was Princess Buttercup Robinett and David was Dread Pirate David (think Princess Bride.) Here I'm with No Good Nikki and Afro Ash.



This is our houseboat and where we set up camp. We called it "Buccaneer Cove."



This year they wanted to try something new and so they drilled into the red rock and made us a zip line! It was so fun! The zip line bent down pretty low when you would go down it and so you would hit the water earlier than they had intended. When I went down the first time I kept my legs up so I would go further and not be stopped by the water, but when I finally did hit the water it decided to take my shorts and bottoms with it! You better believe the in-laws got some good footage.



Here David and I are wakeboarding together. One of the guys on our boat got a really great photo of David giving me a smooch in action. It's on their camera so when I retrieve it, I'll post it on here.



Nikki, Morgan and myself having some fun with the color settings on the camera. I mostly just wanted to show everyone this next picture...



So when we got to Lake Powell I was really excited because David could finally get rid of his ridiculous farmers tan... all that he really got was a pretty sweet life jacket sunburn... haha.

All in all we had a fabulous time.

1 comment: